Monday, April 20, 2015

Trying this again

It has been 5 MONTHS since I last posted. Blogging was just not a high enough priority while we struggled through so financial issues. Frugality truly saved out butt over the past several months and we are finally in a good place again. 


So what are we up to these days?
The Minion (Hope) will be 18 months old in just over a week. She knows tons of animal sounds, can point to the correct body parts on herself when asked, she has well over 100 words, and we are learning colors and sorting, both of which she is picking up quickly. (Mommy brag moment).
Bonus Minion (E) is 2 1/2. She talks all day long, but we usually have no clue what she is saying. When she needs to communicate though, her words are strong and clear. Watching the girls play together is so fun these days because they talk to each other a lot.
Bonus Minion #2 is a friend's 4 year old boy who I am watching 2 days a week until the daycare has an opening. He is just as smart as the girls! Knows all his letters and knows numbers through 10.
If those 3 don't keep me busy enough, we are getting chickens in a couple weeks. I will share pictures of our coop project when we get to it (hopefully this weekend).
I joined a Mom's Ministry group at a local church. Other Catholic women in various stages of motherhood get to meet weekly to pray and study our faith. Best part? Childcare is provided.
Menu planning wasn't working for me, so when I saw that my very favorite blogger was releasing a Frugal Real Food Meal Plan for only $10 a month, I jumped on it! $350 a month for everything but snacks and drinks. All real food. Menus, grocery lists, prep lists, frugal shopping tips, and even more!!! Tiffany and her husband obviously worked so hard on the plan. I hope you will check it out. It saved my sanity.
I have also been working hard at being a better homemaker and fighting my 'slob-vision'. I've recently been listening to podcasts at A Slob Comes Clean. Nony is wonderful! But more on that adventure later.
Other plans for this summer include a garden, a pallet fence, and a massive decluttering that will end in a yard sale!
Say a prayer for me, I will say one for you!

What have you been up to in the past few months? Any big plans for this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment