Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Menu Plan week of Oct. 9-15


Got it? Good.
Oh, you don't got it? That's ok, reading my handwriting is hard enough without the toddler helping on top of it.

Sunday: Pasta Primavera with Cauliflower Sauce (DontWasteTheCrumbs.com)
I used whatever veggies I could find hanging around. I knew I would be using the broccoli florets later in the week, so I cut up the stalks to put in the pasta (bonus, the florets are now precut for Thursday's meal)

Monday: Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches on Homemade Bread. French Fries.
Pound out a single chicken breast to make 2 sandwiches, marinate in homemade BBQ sauce before cooking. Pile the sandwich high with cheese and veggies (we used tomato, bell pepper, and lettuce). Grill the sandwich on the stove, use a cookie sheet/pizza pan to press it down while it cooks.
It was a busy day, so I didn't end up making fries.

Tuesday: Homemade Pizza with Homemade Sauce. (Breadmaker crust - Pinterest. Sauce - dontwastethecrumbs.com)
I used the leftover veggies from the sandwiches to add bulk to our pizza. I can't stand shredding soft cheeses (like mozzarella), it frustrates me too much. So I tried out thin slices of mozzarella instead. worked great! Bonus, I had leftover sauce and cheese that I put in the freezer for quick pizza nights in the future.

Wednesday: Easy Mac and Cheese with Cauliflower Sauce. Sweet Potato Fries.
Original recipe for the Mac and Cheese is 2 cups pasta, 2 cups milk, and 2 cups cheese. I will be replacing half of the cheese with a cup of cauliflower puree that I have in the freezer. Cook the pasta in the milk, then mix the cheese and cauliflower in until melted.

Thursday: Beef and Broccoli (Pinterest) with Coconut Rice (dontwastethecrumbs.com)
Remember those precut broccoli florets from Sunday? Made prep for this easy meal even easier!


Friday: Tuna Fish Sandwiches. Salad.
Pretty simple. This has actually been on my menu for 3 weeks in a row, we haven't eaten it yet. I'm not a huge fan of tuna (or any fish for that matter), plus its easy to save canned tuna, it won't go bad. So this is the meal that continually gets skipped over if I end up at someone else's house for dinner one night (which happens pretty often).

Saturday: Throw Together Night
More on this in a future post.


As you can see, we only have meat 2 nights a week, meat is expensive. I'm usually better about planning in more beans though.
We don't necessarily eat these meals on the days they are planned for, I just use the pad of paper with days on it because someone gave it to me. We eat whatever I feel like making or is easiest for that day's schedule.

Chime in. Did you find this helpful? In the future, would you prefer to see the menu when I make it, or after I've used it and can add comments on how it worked?

No comments:

Post a Comment